You must have to keep your Windows OS updated because it is helpful to install windows on the computer. Windows has some incorporated components that help to update the windows installation on the computer directly. One of the useful components of Windows is the Modern Setup Host. Moreover, The Modern Setup Host is an accomplishable file that is detected and located inside the C:$Windows.BTSources folder. (SHERMAN)
One of the most popular operating systems is Windows that was invented and spread by Microsoft. Furthermore, when an essential update is going to install on Windows, the Modern setup host runs itself in the background. It is installed ultimately by the computer and it is responsible for activating the update to Windows on the Computer.
However, it also contains defects and gradually certain updates like all other software. These updates are occasionally released by the company to connect them. These updates of the software can be downloaded directly on the computer. Moreover, some components help to install them later to build them into the operating system. (Fix: Modern Setup Host in Windows 10 Using high Disk and CPU)
How to Fix the Modern Setup Host
Mostly, Users feel difficulty getting rid of the flaws of the Modern Setup Host and complain that the Modern setup host stops working. It is due to multiple errors during updating the computers. In this article, a process is indicated to fix the modern setup host. Keep reading.
- Initially, you should have to wait for at least four to five hours to run the setup. If this is not fixing the problem, then apply the next step.
- If the problem is with your laptop, computer or notebook, you should try to use a Restore Repair that will scan all the storage and delete the corrupt and missing files. (Arrows)
- Download Restore after originating the issue in the system. After that:
- To open the setting, press “Windows” with the “I” button at the same time.
- Choose the “System” and click on “Notification and Actions” from the left panel.
- Turn off the “Get tricks, tips, and suggestions when you use Windows” option by unchecking the box pressing the command.
- Again press “Windows” with the “I” and choose the “Personalization” button.
- Click on the “start” option from the left and turn off the “Show Suggestion Occasionally in Start” button.
- To turn the Windows Start screen off, check “Off” for all three options.
- Press “Windows” with the “I” and click on “Privacy”.
- Turn off the command for all unnecessary apps by selecting “Background Apps” from the left panel.
- Press “Windows” with the “R” to open the run swift.
- Type in the toggle “control.exe srchadmin.dll” and then press “Enter”.
- Uncheck all the options after clicking on the “Modify” option.
- Click on the button “OK” to save the settings.
- Now, check to see if the problem persists.(Arrows)
Command Line Methods
- If the above methods do not work, you can use a command line and include it into your Startup folder so that your Windows itself can kill it. However, it is not the right process to kill the issue as it updates your Windows. But it is the better alternative method to solve the issue, follow these steps:
- Press to hold the Windows and X key.
- Select “Command prompt(admin)” or select “PowerShell(admin)”
- Type the toggle taskkill /F /FI “SERVICES eq wuauserv” to vanish the process:
- Right-click on the Taskbar to click on “Task Manager”.
- Confirm that the procedure is ended. If it is not, right-click on it and press “End Process”.(What is Modern Setup Host, and how to fix problems with it?)
- If both the methods could not resolve the issue of your computer, reset the Windows update components. It will help to solve the Modern setup host error in Windows. For this purpose, follow these steps:
- Open “Command Prompt”.
- Press Wins Key+S.
- Type cmd in the search bar.
- Click on the command prompt then click on the “Run as administrator”.
- Stop “Windows Update Services” such as BITS, MSI installer, Cryptographic, and the Windows Update.
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver
- Press “Enter” after typing each command to stop the mention services in the command prompt.(Cal)
- Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command. ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- To Restart BITS, the MSI Installer Cryptographic, and the Windows update services, you have to type “Exit” to close it.
Use Again Above commands – Ex- net stop wua…
- Close the command prompt and restart the computer to fix the error.
- However, you can disable the Windows updates if none of the mentioned methods are working, but use this procedure only if you are not going to update or upgrade your computer Windows. To disable the Windows Updates, Follow these steps:(Shah)
- To open the Run Dialog box, click Wins Key with the “R”.
- Type “services.msc”.
- Select properties after opening the Service window to locate the Windows Update service.
- Set “Startup” type to “Disable” and then click “Stop”.
- To ensure the “First failure”, go to the “Recovery” tab and set it to “Take no Action”.
- Now click Apply> and then Click “OK”.
Furthermore, Windows of the computer has a Software Distribution folder which is important for updating the window components that stores the crucial temporary files to install Windows update. However, some of the temporary files can assemble and generate errors during the successiveness of Windows Updates, and finishing the software distribution folder that can help to solve the problem.
Furthermore, we believe that the solutions we have given here will be very helpful for you to fix the Modern Setup Host error on Windows 10 on your computer and keep it updated. Moreover, you should have to follow the given steps to get better results. Try to go through this article thoroughly to fix the Modern setup host. If you will have to face any further problems, do not be afraid to contact our customer service team which is available twenty-four by seven to assist you and to help you out with your problems related to the Modern setup host. Also, read our more informative articles that are all related to productivity and the latest technology. (What is modern setup host?)
System Thread Exception Not Handled In Windows 10 Solution