How to trun on hotspot on your iPhone 11 or iPad When you don’t use a Wi-Fi network, a personal hotspot lets you share the cellular data connection of your iPhone or iPad (Cellular-Y + Cellular).
Set a personal hotspot
Go to Settings> Cellular> Personal Hotspot or Settings> Personal Hotspot.
Tap the slider next to allow others to join.
If you do not see the option of a personal hotspot, contact your carrier to make sure that you can use a personal hotspot with your plan.
Connect to a personal hotspot with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB
You can connect to personal hotspots using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB. And devices on iOS 13 or later, which are connected to personal hotspots, will stay connected even when locked from the screen, so those devices will still receive notifications and messages.
Method Number 1: How To Turn On Hotspot on iphone 11
Here are some tips for using each method.
When you connect a device to your personal hotspot, the status bar turns blue and shows how many devices are connected. The number of devices that join your personal hotspot at a time depends on your carrier and iPhone model. If other devices have joined your personal hotspot using Wi-Fi, you can only use cellular data to connect to the internet from the host device.
Use these steps to connect:
On the device you want to connect to, go to Settings> Cellular> Personal Hotspot or Settings> Personal Hotspot and make sure it is powered on. Then verify the Wi-Fi password and name of the phone. Stay on this screen until you connect your other device to the Wi-Fi network.
On the device you want to connect, go to Settings> Wi-Fi and look for your iPhone or iPad in the list. Then tap on the Wi-Fi network to connect. If asked, enter the password for your personal hotspot.
To make sure your iPhone or iPad is discoverable, go to Settings> Bluetooth and stay on that screen. Then on your Mac or PC, follow the manufacturer instructions to establish a Bluetooth network connection. Learn more about using personal hotspots with Bluetooth.
Personal hotspot supports Bluetooth connection with Mac, PC and other third-party devices. To connect another iOS device, use Wi-Fi.
Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or PC. Then connect your iPhone11,12 or iPad to your computer with the USB cable that comes with your device. If you see a warning that says “Trust this computer?” Tap on Trust.
Method number 2: How To Turn On Hotspot on iphone 11
- From the home screen, tap Settings> General> About.
- Tap the name to rename your iPhone’s private hotspot.
- Go to> General> About Settings to return to the main list of settings.
- Tap Personal Hotspot. If you do not see a personal hotspot, tap on the carrier and you will see it.
- Tap the toggle switch to turn on individual hotspots.
- To change the Wi-Fi password, tap the Wi-Fi password.
- The following functions are not available:
- Creating Allowed Tools List.
- Changing Security Type.
- Changing the maximum number of connections (5)
- Turn on / off
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Personal Hotspot. If you do not see a personal hotspot, tap on the carrier and you will see it.
- Tap the personal hotspot switch on or off.