The numerous advantages of virtualization tool have ended in an build up in its use amongst companies internationally. Additionally, this call for has fueled other distributors to provide virtualization tool, each and every in a distinct structure. As an example, let’s take the 2 greatest gamers on this trade — Microsoft and VMware. Each those firms be offering superb virtualization tool, however sadly, they’re no longer suitable with each and every different. VMware makes use of a structure referred to as digital device disk (VMDK) whilst Microsoft makes use of a structure referred to as a digital arduous disk (VHD) to retailer your digital disks. So, what occurs in case you have a consumer who provides you with a number of VMDK information, however you’ve gotten a Hyper-V arrange on your gadget? Neatly, you’ll must convert one structure to some other, which means you’ll want some kind of VMDK to VHD conversion software. Find out how to Convert VMWare VMDK Record to Hyper-V VHD and VHDX report Easy Methods
VMDK to VHDX
- Obtain: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/obtain/main points.aspx?identity=42497
- Open Powershell as administrator and run
Import-Module 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft Digital Device ConverterMvmcCmdlet.psd1'
- And after (please test your Supply&Vacation spot trail After run this commond)
ConvertTo-MvmcVirtualHardDisk -SourceLiteralPath d:scratchvmxVM-disk1.vmdk -VhdType DynamicHardDisk -VhdFormat vhdx -vacation spot c:vm-disk1
Should you counter the next error:
In my case it used to be an access
Observe those steps:
- obtain and extract dsfok equipment
dsfo.exe "c:tempdisk2.vmdk" 512 1024 descriptor1.txtto extract the descriptor
- edit the descriptor report in Notepad++: remark the above-mentioned line (as I added the additional unmarried persona (#) I additionally deleted one NULL persona from the top to stay the report measurement of 1024 bytes (no longer positive if that is wanted).
dsfi.exe "c:tempdisk2.vmdk" 512 1024 descriptor1.txtto inject the descriptor again into the VMDK
- repeat those steps for the opposite disk (my VM has two
- reissue the